Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Words, meanings and reasons

Manaskaraya (written මනස්‍කාරය in Sinhala) is a word coined by joining the stem 'Manass' (mind) and 'karaya' is a suffix roughly meaning (art). Together they mean something similar to the English word 'Reflection'.

My fourfold objective for starting this blog is:
  • To preserve my thinking and reflection on life (possibly to be humbled at how naive I was and probably am)
  • To help me develop and articulate the outlines of my worldview (which I could point to when I make new acquaintances and friends in order to connect)
  • To enable others to respond so that my thinking might be sharpened
  • To relate my work, interests and beliefs to each other
Some of what I post here will be stuff written before in other forms and published here for persistence.

1 comment:

Dhane said...

Dear Dr. Ruvan,

I am Asanka's (Ireland) father, who read your Manaskaraya (Reflections) blog recently. Being it is about reflections, I thought to write merely as a 'reflection' to your view on Professorship or the term Professor. Sir, for the first time I met a person of this kind!. Even I am so simple living person to comment or write something on the term Professor. If you are kind enough to read my comment , I shall send it.

You may have heard of Joseph M. Juran (1904 -2008), who is considered to be the Quality Guru who changed Japan, then his motherland America and consequently the rest of the world. He is one of the most significant persons who changed this entire world within 50 years by providing a profound new management intervention. He had 4 PhDs and was the head of the management faculty of the University of New York. He was a very humble person and we naturally call this type of leaders, 'Charismatic' leaders. Pl. read about him sir, if you have some spare time.

If you feel to read my comments on your blog post, kindly let me know..

Best regards
Asanka's Father.